10 things i learned after severely spraining my ankle:
10. i can hop on one foot down 1 flight of stairs to flag down a cab to get to the emergency room.
9. hopping on one foot with a pint glass 3/4 full of water without spilling can be done gracefully.
8. it would be much different had i moved to ny with just what i could carry.
7. navigating manhattan (including public transport) on crutches is possible.
6. three months of sleeping on the couch isn’t so bad.
5. friends are there no matter where i go.
4. no need to stress.
3. the healing process (whether emotional, psychological, spiritual, and/or physical) is amazing and challenging, it requires patience.
2. i have to ask for help sometimes.
1. kind and compassionate people are everywhere in manhattan.